Sunday, April 27, 2014

Reaper Bones: Townsfolk: Village Rioter

For this week's Monday Miniatures figure, we have 77140 Townsfolk: Village Rioter:




As I've mentioned in a previous post, I actually completed this figure last autumn when I initially started work on the Bones I Vampire set.  Part of the challenge for this week's figure was to incorporate some OSL (object source lighting) from the torch.  However, since my figure was painted prior to the challenge, I didn't get to do this.  On the bright side, I did manage to paint the colors on the flame's torch correctly (here is a good guide to explain it).

I do remember having a tough time figuring out what was going on with his left hand.  Either his left sleeve has a cuff (and the right sleeve does not), or he was wearing a thick leather glove.  I went for the latter, since it seemed reasonable that one might wear a glove for more protection when holding a torch for a significant length of time.

Conclusion:  Considering this was the first figure I painted from Bones I, I'm happy with how it turned out.  The base needs more work, and I intend to add flock to several figures once I get to it.  Other than that, I think the figure looks pretty good and could serve as either an ally or a hindrance to a band of players (anything from a local guide, the leader of a villager uprising against the corrupt lord, or a spy in the service of said lord).

Next week's Monday Miniatures figure is 77117 Vandorendra, Snake Demon.  In the mean time, I'm working on completing the Kobolds from the Dungeon Attack set.

- M:M

No comments:

Post a Comment