Saturday, August 1, 2015

Salvage Crew Saga: SC22 Johnny Cinderheart

The first figure of my seventh target on the 6MMRPC Hit List has been completed:  SC22, a ganger leader in a trenchcoat.  While I think this figure is representative of Johnny Borg (the caster persona behind the Salvage Crew miniatures), it matched well with a Johnny of my own creation...

SC22 - Johnny Cinderheart

Subject is a known dissident and hired gun, having been involved in the dismantling of Iltchenko-Fang Ltd. and the Hadar System insurrections.  Despite multiple attempts at arrest by various security forces, the subject remains one step ahead of his pursuers.  Subject is known to lie low during pursuit, and will hire himself out for mercenary work.  Known skill in small arms and hacking electronics and computer systems.






First Look:  Back in the days of City of Villains, I created a Cyberpunk-inspired character by the name of Johnny Cinderheart (complete with trenchcoat and foul mouth).  Instead of going for the typical "codename" approach I've been using in the Salvage Crew Saga, I decided to make this character a bit of a homage.

Painting:  The random color results for this figure were orange (2), red (1), and purple (6).

I wanted to keep a dark brown/black trenchcoat (VGC Charred Brown, AP Dark Tone Ink), so the target colors were applied elsewhere.  The pants are a blue-purple (VGC Dark Blue, Royal Purple, AP Purple Tone Ink) with black boots and belts (VGC Coal Black, Cold Grey, AP Dark Tone Ink).  The gun was painted a dark red (VGC Scarlett Red, Gory Red, AP Soft Tone Ink), while the pouches on the bandolier were painted orange (VGC Scrofulous Brown, AP Soft Tone Ink).  A darker red fleshtone was used for the skin (VGC Dwarf Skin, AP Soft Tone Ink), with silver (VGC Chainmail Silver, AP Dark Tone Ink) for the cybernetic implants.

Conclusion:  The figure turned out pretty well, considering the odd colors I wound up rolling.  The "orange" seems a little too yellow, but I'll still count it.  I do like the level of shading I was able to achieve on the gun and pouches, and I feel like I'm making some good progress in learning to properly use warmer colors (yellow/orange/red).

- M:M

No comments:

Post a Comment