Friday, February 13, 2015

Reaper Bones: Horace "Action" Jackson

Another figure from the Zombie Hunters set is complete:  80023 Horace "Action" Jackson.





First Look:  I thought this was a hilariously anachronistic figure for a "zombie apocalypse" setting, and knew when I first saw it that he would have to have a purple shirt.  The figure required relatively little cleanup, and has a good level of detail.

Painting:  As I mentioned, the shirt had to be purple (VGC Hexed Lichen and Warlord Purple).  I decided to pair it with some black pants (VGC Coal Black and Wolf Grey), though lightened those in comparison to the hair, belt, and shoes (Coal Black).  The jewelry was painted gold (VGC Glorious Gold), and the skin a dark flesh tone (VGC Dark Fleshtone).  The figure was finished with TAP Strong Tone Ink (skin), Dark Tone Ink (pants and base), and Purple Tone Ink (shirt).

Conclusion:  I focused on using slightly lighter highlights in an effort to make them stand out a little more, and I like the effect.  I had some difficulty figuring out where to place highlights on the pants, as they are relatively smooth and don't have natural angles on which to catch light.  The skin tone turned out nicely, and I like how the figure turned out overall.

- M:M

No comments:

Post a Comment