Monday, July 5, 2010

Warzone Dark Legion: Aeonian Justifier, Technomancer, Warlord Stahler

I finished up three Warzone miniatures this afternoon. The bases still need work, but the figures themselves are complete (or near enough so). Note that all paints listed are from the Vallejo Game Colors line; I prefer the texture and dispenser of this line to the Citadel lineup. Inks/washes used are from the Citadel line, however.


Warzone - Dark Legion
Aeonian Justifier*







* While the name is usually spelled "Eaonian" in some versions of Warzone, it is likely that this is a typo'd version of "Aeonian", from the root word "aeon" or "eon". As such, I'm using the alternate version.

The Aeonian Justifier is a torturer, so I wanted the tools of his trade to stand out a bit at the front of his belt. They've got a somewhat insectile appearance, and I avoided adding pupils in an effort to make them feel more "alien". I used a yellow-brown (Filthy Brown) color for the skin, which worked out quite well. The robes are Scarlet Red, and the metal pieces are a combination of Brassy Brass and Gunmetal Metal (the tools up front are Silver).


Warzone - Dark Legion
Technomancer



I'm not entirely sure what the deal is with the Technomancers. They can repair Dark Technology constructs, so they fulfill something of a support role, but they carry around the massive Nazgaroth HMG and function as a Division Commander. They also have Necrobionics, which explains how they can lug around that huge gun.

I wanted to keep my cultists tied together with their color scheme, so I continued the use of black, crimson, and purple on the Technomancer. The robes are Scarlet Red, and the shoulderplates are Royal Purple. Again, the metal is a combination of Gunmetal and Brassy Brass, with a light-moderate Black Ink wash. I painted his limbs in the same metallics, as I wanted to convey the "Necrobionic" (i.e., cybernetic) enhancements which explain his being capable of wielding such a huge weapon. The scar on his forehead (in the shape of Algeroth's rune) was a combination of Leather Brown, with a very light Red Ink wash on top (and came out looking like it was rather freshly carved).


Warzone - Dark Legion
Stahler


Lord Erwin Stahler (now just Warlord Stahler) is a former Bauhaus noble who has sworn allegiance to the Dark Legion (and Algeroth's Nepharite Golgotha, in particular). He has minor Channeling powers, and serves as a Division Commander for Dark Legion Cultists. His more fearsome form (encased in Carcass Armor) is next on my to-do list.

Stahler's uniform is Imperial Blue, with Moon Yellow for the gold (yellow) details (some of this early work was done with GW paints). The buttons and Bauhaus gears on the epaulets are Glorious Gold, as are the highlights on his pistol. The rest of the pistol is Chainmail Silver. I used the gold/silver combo, as I wanted his pistol to look like an exquisite work of art fitting as a sidearm for a Bauhaus noble!

His hair is a base of Wolf Grey, with moderate-heavy white highlights. Skin is Bronze Fleshtone with a couple of brown washes (in retrospect, I wouldn't have done this, as I doubt Bauhaus nobility gets a lot of sun). Shoes and belt are Coal Black.

I haven't attempted this level of detail on a miniature in quite some time, and I've very pleased with how it turned out. I feel that my brushes were the limiting factor, and the reason I had to go back and touch-up when painting the trim and eyes. Guess it's time to invest in some better brushes!

- M:M

No comments:

Post a Comment