Thursday, November 14, 2013

Reaper Bones: Clay Golem, Well of Chaos, Mummy Warrior

In my previous post, I mentioned Caffeineforge's Monday Miniatures paint challenge.  I'm still working on my submission for next Monday (Yephima, Female Cloud Giant), but I wanted to show some of the previous miniatures that I have completed.

Starting with the most recent, here is the 77170 Clay Golem:






I went for a somewhat "red clay" look, but ultimately I didn't make it red enough.  The biggest challenge was getting a "clay" effect that didn't just look like a fleshtone.  When I get time, I may go back and try to add a little more red to further distinguish it as clay.

Next is the 77136 Well of Chaos:


The carvings and relief on the well reminded me of the Cthulhu Mythos (the recent Cthulhu Wars Kickstarter campaign probably helped with that, too).  As such, I was aiming for something a little alien in appearance, and I'm pretty happy with the odd blue-green color I wound up with.  This is an excellent miniature, and can be painted up in a multitude of ways and still look great.

Finally, my first entry to Monday Miniatures, the 77146 Mummy Warrior:


Hopefully I'll be able to catch up with the full backlog of Monday Miniatures figures (even though I missed those weeks), and I'll be sure to post them when their complete.

- M:M

No comments:

Post a Comment