Sunday, November 17, 2013

Reaper Bones: Yephima, Female Cloud Giant

This coming Monday Miniatures figure on Caffeineforge.com is 77162 Yephima, Female Cloud Giant, and here is my submission:





I'm very pleased with how this figure turned out!  Female skin is generally harder to paint, as it needs to have a smooth look (more so than male skin), and this figure is 1) large and 2) has significant amounts of skin.  My focuses were on 1) thin, multiple layers of paint and 2) good brush control.

This was the first time I painted the pupils of the eyes a color other than black.  While it probably would have looked better if she were looking "down" (such as a a medium-sized creature), I think the look I achieved works fairly well.

Cloud giants are epicureans, so I went with quite a lot of gold metal on the figure.  The intricate details on the armor (lion emblems, vines, etc.) takes this well and makes it look fancy, but effective.  I thought about adding some metallic parts to the club, but I couldn't decide what parts would make sense in metal so I left it all stone.  At a later point, I may go back and add gemstone detailing.

Next week's Monday Miniatures figure is 77078 Astrid, Female Bard.

- M:M

No comments:

Post a Comment