Sunday, November 10, 2013

Reaper Bones: Galladon Greycloak

While I have been quiet, I have not been idle!  I'm happy to report that I've been making excellent progress on my Reaper Bones from the 2012 Kickstarter, which is good because next year I'll have all of the additional figures from Bones II adding to my "to be painted" queue!

In an effort to stay motivated with painting my Bones figures, I've joined in on Monday Miniatures at Caffeineforge.  The concept is simple but excellent, and helps provide some structure for anyone who might be overwhelmed by the sheer number of Bones to paint!  Each week, one figure is chosen as the goal for the following Monday.  The best part is seeing the variety of submissions, and how differently the same miniature can turn out based on different paint schemes!

Tomorrow's miniature is 77054 Galladon Greycloak, Male Human Wizard:





This was my first attempt at a (mostly) monochromatic color scheme (in this case, gray).  This was challenging due to the number of clothing layers that Galladon has, which I wanted to contrast so they didn't all blend together.  I may go back later and try to add text (or pseudo-text) to the scroll, but right now I don't have that kind of freehand skill and I didn't want to botch the miniature so close to the submission deadline!

Next week's miniature is 77162 Yephima, Female Cloud Giant.  I'll try to post some pictures of my completed figures for previous Monday Miniatures, as well.

- M:M

No comments:

Post a Comment