Sunday, November 24, 2013

Reaper Bones: Astrid, Female Bard

Tomorrow's figure at Caffeineforge.com is 77078 Astrid, Female Bard and here is mine:





I had the misfortune of getting sick towards the end of the week, but I managed to power through and finish up Astrid.  I had a hard time deciding on a color scheme, as nothing was really jumping out at me.  I only knew that I wanted to avoid a brown-heavy scheme for this figure, and since Astrid is a bard I thought that a little more color in her clothing would be appropriate.

Starting with the hair, which I had decided to paint red early on, I decided that I'd try rich, warm tones.  The boots and bracers were painted crimson with a brown wash, and the top is purple with maroon details (I know it's hard to see in the picture; I'm working on a better lighting setup).  I went with blue for the pants, which I think works well with the purple top.  I used gold with brown washes on the dagger, scabbard, and buckles to make her look a little flashy (again, fitting for the profession).  I managed to get some decent make-up effects (lips and eye shadow), which is the first time I've attempted that!  Overall, I'm pleased with how she turned out.

Next week's miniature are the two 77126 Vermin: Spiders (which is good since it's a holiday week and I'm sure painting time will be limited).

- M:M

No comments:

Post a Comment