Saturday, March 22, 2014

Reaper Bones: Spider Demoness and Banshee

Since I finished up the ISW-69F Scout Ship a little early for the allotted time, I managed to get a couple of additional Bones completed, too.

First up is from the Spider Centaurs add-on from the first Kickstarter, 77180 Shaerileth, Spider Demoness:








This was a fairly straightforward paint scheme, even though it's a larger figure.  The body is straight black, and the skin was a combination of black and purple.  The skin color still turned out a bit more purple than I would have preferred, so I may experiment a little more when I get to the other dark elf figures.  However, since this is essentially the "uber-drow", I figure it's ok if it's a little exaggerated.

The one element that really showed me how my painting skills have increased was the jewelry.  It consists of various fine chains running across the torso and arms, and wasn't quite as difficult as I was expecting.  A few years ago there's no way I could have painted such thin lines without making a huge mess, so it felt good to know that all this painting practice is really paying off!

Next up is 77096 Labella DeMornay, Banshee:

 


This figure was my first experiment with Reaper's MSP Clear Green, which worked surprisingly well at enhancing the green color without killing the transparency.  I used a couple more layers of Clear Green on the hair to help differentiate it from the trailing clothes.  The skin is a light green further lightened with light grey, and additional lightening for highlights.  I was going for a "pale green", which I got, but the figure almost comes across as more aquatic than ghostly (which wasn't intentional).  I used light grey for the eyes and mouth, but it's hard to see on the figure.

Overall, for an experimental figure it turned out pretty good.  In retrospect, I think I would have gone with a stronger grey for the skin, which might lessen the aquatic look.

Until next time!

- M:M

No comments:

Post a Comment