Sunday, May 4, 2014

Reaper Bones: Vandorendra, Snake Demon; Kobolds

This week's figure for Monday Miniatures is another I've finished prior to it being a scheduled figure:  77117 Vandorendra, Snake Demon.  This figure was originally posted here in my post for the Snakeman Warrior, but here are the images again:







As I mentioned in the previous entry, my goal was to stick with a darker shade of skin that I'm used to, and to try to keep the figure to mostly warm colors.  I feel that I succeeded in both of those goals, though the gold parts of the weapons could probably use a heavier brown wash to bring out the details.

This week I've been working on 77010 Kobolds from the Dungeon Attack set:


Note that the Vampire set from Bones I included twelve kobolds (essentially two of the retail six-packs), plus I got an additional sprue of them in the Bones Stocking (during the Twelve Days of Reaper) bringing the total number of kobolds up to fifteen.  That's a good sized pack!

The kobolds are solid little figures that are fairly quick to paint up, but I wanted to give them some variety in clothing colors which increased the time involved.  Additionally, I used multiple coats of brown washes to add some depth and a little grunge.  All this pack of kobolds needs is the leader and sorcerer due with Bones II!

Next week's figure for Monday Miniatures is 77038 Hell Hound.  I've seen some neat variations on the Hell Hound on the Reaper forums, and I'm looking forward to seeing the different takes on the figure next week.

- M:M

No comments:

Post a Comment