Sunday, July 27, 2014

Reaper Bones: Bat Swarm

This week for Monday Miniatures it's 77046 Bat Swarm of the New 30 set from Bones I.  As I mentioned last week, I had already worked on this model, but I felt it could use some more work so I did just that.



I primarily worked on using some grays to highlight the bats and make them appear as individual creatures rather than a misshapen black blob.  This figure isn't one of the stronger ones in the Bones line, as the detail is fairly soft.  However, for what it is (a swarm figure), I don't think that's a big deal.

Conclusion:  I like the highlighting effects I achieved; they're enough to give some definition, but they aren't overwhelming.  I also like the mixed effect I got on the tombstone, which makes it look a little less uniform.

Unfortunately, I didn't complete another figure this week, so there's no bonus.  Next week's figure should be interesting, and is another one of the New 30:  77032 Oxidation Beast.

- M:M

No comments:

Post a Comment