If you've been following my blog, the first thing that probably jumps out for this figure is actually the base. I'm pretty base about properly basing my figures (by that I mean adding terrain features and basically doing anything more than just painting a flat color on the base). I received this base as a sample with my Game Decor's PaintWorks order. Since the base served its purpose as a test subject for the PaintWorks terrain paint (and I didn't have any other plans for it), I thought it would work well as the base for the Oxidation Beast due to the figure's lack of integrated base.
The figure itself was painted with a variety of browns and oranges, as well as a couple of brown washes. I tried to use the brighter orange to bring out the head, back, antennae stalks, and tail tip.
Conclusion: I really like how this figure turned out, especially the variation in colors and strength of the orange parts. I think it gives some good contrast, but still looks unified overall. Going into this, I knew I wanted to incorporate a "rust" coloration befitting the creature's name, and the color scheme developed as I went.
The goal for the next couple of weeks is the collection of Pathfinder Goblins (89002 Pathfinder Goblin Pyros and 89003 Pathfinder Goblin Warriors). Hopefully I'll be able to get at least half of them done this week, or all of them halfway done.