Saturday, February 13, 2016

Dungeon Saga: Dwarf King's Quest (Part 2)

Work continues on the figures from Dungeon Saga: The Dwarf King's Quest.  A few more have been completed this week, as I narrow in on the final figures.

Zombie Troll (1)



The third and final Zombie Troll has been completed, with the same scheme as the others.  I actually used a lighter base color for this figure (as an experiment), but it didn't look right so I revised it with my original colors.  Interestingly, this may be the only "third" figure to be useful during the Dwarf King's Quest, as there is a mission that has the Overlord use the Zombie Trolls Shaman figure (Hoggar) as a "normal" Zombie Troll.

Madriga, Elf Ranger




The third hero, and one of two which provide the party with ranged firepower.  As with the other heroes, I used the character card for reference, though I did opt for a stronger yellow for the hair.

Danar, Human Wizard




I like the sculpt for Danar, as he has more practical adventuring gear than typical wizard's robes (though the latter have their place!).  I used magenta for the basecoat, which really worked well as a foundation for the red garments.  I used the same color on the staff, which I think is a passable "inner glow" effect for the crystal.

Elshara, Banshee




And finally, I'm getting to the Overlord's lieutenants (probably my favorite of any set).  Elshara was painted entirely in grays, with silver for the decorations (belt, tiara, etc.)  I like how this figure turned out, and I feel that I managed to differentiate the various grays enough to make various elements distinct.


That's it for this week.  I hope to have the remaining figures (three minions and three villain characters) finished in the coming week.  Once done, I'll have a nice Dungeon Saga base set to get on the table!

- M:M

No comments:

Post a Comment