Sunday, January 5, 2014

Reaper Bones: Pathfinder Goblin Warchanter

The Monday Miniature for this week is the 89004 Pathfinder Goblin Warchanter:





This was the first of the Pathfinder Goblins I painted, and since I'm not familiar with the particulars of the setting's goblins I sort of had to "wing it".  I discovered a nice dark/drab green while painting some previous (non-Pathfinder) goblins, and decided to use it here to enhance the fairly sinister look of the goblin.  They're sculpt kind of reminds me of the gremlins from the movie "Gremlins", and I liked the comparison.

This figure seems to be something like a witch doctor or shaman, so I stuck with a lot of earth tones (primarily leather for clothing, wraps, and the whip).  I'm please with how the claws, teeth, and bones came out; they're distinctive but don't stand out too much.  In retrospect, I might have used a little more color (perhaps a purple?) to give the figure some more variation, but I think it turned out pretty solid.  Perhaps I'll perform some touch-ups to that effect once I get to the other Pathfinder goblins.

Next weeks' figures are the pair of 77128: Vermin: Spider Swarms.

- M:M

No comments:

Post a Comment