Thursday, June 26, 2014

Reaper Bones: The Black Mist

Yesterday I finished up another Bones figure:  80007 The Black Mist.




I used this figure as an opportunity to work with a monochromatic palette (in this case, grays).  Most of the colors are blends (as opposed to being "straight" from the bottle).  Unfortunately, my lighting setup really muddled the color gradations, so that's something I'm going to have to keep working on.  The figure itself is one of the supers in the Chronoscope line (and is reminiscent of the Shadow and the Crimson Avenger).  I figured with the villainous Ape-X complete, he needed a heroic counterpart.  Hopefully some of the other supers figures from Chronoscope will make the transition to Bones, as well.

Conclusion:  I enjoyed working with blended colors, and not being so concerned with "staying in the lines".  Despite the lighting issue, I like how the color variations worked out, and I look forward to experimenting more with this concept.

Until next time!

- M:M

No comments:

Post a Comment