Sunday, August 10, 2014

Reaper Bones: Pathfinder Goblins (Part 1)

For the next couple of weeks of Monday Miniatures, we've been tasked with completing the We Be Goblins set of figures.  We had already completed the Pathfinder Goblin Warchanter as an earlier Monday Miniature, so that leaves 89002 Pathfinder Goblins Pyros and 89003 Pathfinder Goblins Warriors.  For this week, I decided to focus on completing the Warriors.




I decided to stick with a lighter skintone than what I used for my Warchanter, but otherwise kept the goblins in a similar brown-heavy color scheme.  A variety of brown paints, washes, and inks were used, though a few exceptions were gray (for fur loincloths), gunmetal (for the weapons), and red (for feathers, tongues, and eyes).

Conclusion:  I think the goblins turned out alright.  It's been a while since I worked on four figures at once, and using the same colors across them all helps give them a unified appearance.  I'm pretty happy with the variety of browns I was able to get, but I would still like to work on exaggerating the colors a little more to give the figures more contrast.  Still, I think they turned out pretty solid.

Next week we continue, finishing up the Pathfinder Goblins.  I plan to paint my Pyros similar to the Warriors above, so they will have a cohesive look for the entire set.

- M:M

No comments:

Post a Comment