Sunday, September 25, 2016

Frostgrave: New Soldiers (Pt. 2)

Continuing with my Frostgrave warband upgrade, I've completed two more figures from the Frostgrave Soldiers boxed set:  a Treasure Hunter and a Ranger.








First Look:  Since they come from the same boxed set as the previous four figures, there's not much else to be said.  I will reiterate that I really appreciate the extra bits included in the sprues, which really help individualize these figures.  Some examples on these figures include the Treasure Hunter's backpack and coiled rope, and the Ranger's sack of loot and quiver (an important yet sometimes overlooked detail).

Painting:  I continued with my theme of "disparate colors with a common component", keeping with the blue tabard/hood as the warband's unifying element.  I went for something appropriate for a winter climate for this Ranger, sticking with grays and blues.  The Treasure Hunter is dressed a little more gaudily with his strong red and green clothing.  I figured he was relatively successful, and could afford to show off a bit!

Conclusion:  Again, solid figures with a lot of variety, and I like how this group looks together.  I thought about going for an object source lighting (OSL) effect with the lantern, but decided against it.  The goal is to get these figures painted so they can be fielded, and I didn't want to risk having to redo the figure due to a botched OSL attempt.

One more Frostgrave Soldier on my roster remains to be painted (a Marksman), so look for him in an upcoming post.

M:M

No comments:

Post a Comment