Sunday, November 23, 2014

Reaper Bones: Juliette, Female Wizard

Today I painted up one of the discontinued models from Bones I:  77057 Juliette, Female Wizard from the New 30 set.






Some of the detail in the hands and head is somewhat soft, and I think that's why the figure was not released to retail.  Aside from that, clean up was minimal.  I think the figure works well for a female wizard apprentice, in particular.

I decided to go with a mid-dark blue on the robe, and give Juliette blonde hair.  The back of the robe was bizarre, and as best I could figure there's a sort of cape tucked into the corset (which is still bizarre, but at least seems to match the molded contours).  To give the figure some more color, I decided to go with orange for the cape.  The corset is painted with a medium brown, and the pouches and boots a light tan.

Conclusion:  I think the figure turned out well enough, and seems to have a slight "anime" feel to it.  I'm especially proud of the job I did on the face and eyes, especially considering that one eye is partially obscured by her hair.  I had problems with the orange getting too saturated, though I was able to tone it down a bit further with some leather brown.

- M:M

No comments:

Post a Comment