Sunday, December 7, 2014

Reaper Bones: Arrius the Black, Skeletal Warrior

We're back to Monday Miniatures with another figure from the Grave Danger set:  77158 Arrius the Black, Skeletal Warrior.






This figure turned out quite good with the transition to Bones.  The mold lines weren't too bad, and the details on the shield and sword came through.  The figure functions well for a high-level skeletal warrior or commander.

I painted Arrius primarily in black and grays, as I wanted him to have black armor befitting his name.  I went with bronze for the detailing, though in the pictures above it looks closer to gold.  His cloak was painted with Reaper MSP Christmas Wreath, which I got last year during the Twelve Days of Reaper promotion (which is currently running this year, if you're looking to pick up some miniatures).  I also practiced my non-metallic metal (NMM) on his sword.

Conclusion:  I like the figure, and I think I did a fairly good job with it.  The highlights on the cloak came out a bit lighter than intended, even after toning them down with a glaze of green ink.  I think I'm still trending too dark on my NMM, but I'm happier with the smoother transition that I achieved on this figure.

Next week's figure is still TBD.  As soon as it's posted on Caffeineforge, I'll be sure to add it here!

- M:M

No comments:

Post a Comment