Sunday, December 14, 2014

Reaper Bones: Deladrin, Female Assassin

For whatever reason, this has seemed like a long week (probably due to the holidays).  Most of my painting time was spent on a regiment of 20 Goblin Spitters from Mantic's Kings of War line (almost complete; look for them in a future post).  Goblins aside, I managed to complete another figure for the Monday Miniatures challenge:  77035 Deladrin, Female Assassin from the New 30 set.







I found this to be a very clean figure with minimal mold lines.  I really like the sculpt, so I was happy to find that this one turned out very nicely in Bones.  The blades have a decent thickness and were rigid enough to retain their position.

Upon examining the figure, I was immediately reminded of the Dark Brotherhood from the game Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, which is an assassins guild and cult rolled into one.  I decided to use their black and red color scheme, coupled with some grays to provide some variety.  I decided to work on my non-metallic metal (NMM) with the blades, and I'm very pleased at the level of blending I was able to achieve.  I think I still need to go even lighter for the "lights", but I feel that the blade isn't overly dark as my previous attempts at NMM.

Conclusion:  I'm very pleased with how this figure turned out, both the quality of the sculpt and my paint job.  Aside from continuing to work on my NMM as mentioned above, I would liked to have better differentiated between the black hair and the black cloak.  As it stands, they kind of run together, and I couldn't think of a way to offset one without making it look gray.  Still, I like the level of quality I was able to achieve on this figure!

Next weeks' figure is 77074 Dain Deepaxe from the Dwarves set, which I think will be the first dwarf from the Bones I set that we will paint.

- M:M

No comments:

Post a Comment