Monday, December 8, 2014

Salvage Crew Saga: SC36 Crosshair

The third figure completed as part of the Salvage Crew Saga is SC36, who is clearly a sniper/sharpshooter.  This figure is pretty straightforward without a lot of extra kit, but I think that works for the role it's designed for.

The "random color assignment" results were orange (2), green (4), and purple (6).


SC36 - Codename: Crosshair

Subject grew up in the reclamation zone colonies of Lambda Delphini IV, before attempts to sanitize the toxic waste dumps were abandoned.  While the colonists were issued adequate protective gear and supplies, the toxicity of the environment required a constant mindfulness when outside the habi-domes.  Mutated wildlife was a constant plague on the settlements, and this is where the subject's superior sharpshooting skills were developed.  Once the reclamation colony was abandoned, the subject found ready work as a salvager, specializing in toxic environments and perimeter security.  Crosshair's equipment is all designed to function in highly toxic conditions, far beyond the failure point of standard gear.









I rolled up an eclectic mix of colors for this figure, and decided to go with a more striking scheme.  The bodysuit was painted with VGC Scrofulous Brown, and the armor pads were painted with VGC Royal Purple.  I didn't want a saturated green (which I thought might be too much), so I toned down VGC Jade Green with VGC Cold Grey.  Army Painter inks were used to help with shading.

Conclusion:  The figured turned out pretty good, especially considering the colors I rolled up for her (I really like the teal green color I came across, in particular).  The figure really didn't have any particular theme going aside from "sniper", so I didn't have much of a plan going into it.  The final results kind of remind me of G.I. Joe Eco-Warriors, which inspired my backstory for the character.

Next up in the Salvage Crew Saga is SC17, fat man with dynamite.

- M:M

No comments:

Post a Comment