I used some Green Stuff to add additional texture between his legs and help unify the model with the base. Once that cured, I was able to get a basecoat applied. Working with white can be tricky, so I chose a light-medium gray as a foundation to work on, and then lighten/darken as I go.
While looking at the figure and the base, I realized there was a decent amount of "dead space" that might be a good opportunity to add a bit of terrain or other feature. While digging around, I came across something that looked right:
The Wall of Ice from the Bones II Water Elementals set was an ideal height, and gives some context on why Deathsleet might be rearing up the way he is - perhaps trying to swat at an adventurer running for cover behind the wall of ice!
I've finished the Wall of Ice and detailed it in a separate post, but I wanted to provide a snapshot of my progress on my actual 6MMRPC target. So far it's been a fun figure to paint, and I look forward to seeing how it turns out.