Monday, August 31, 2015

Salvage Crew Saga: SC25 Crowbar

Finally getting back to my 6MMRPC Hit List, here is the fourth of six figures from my Seventh Target:  SC25, female heavy support.

SC25 - Codename: Crowbar

Subject is a known dissident and troublemaker, having over a dozen incidents with security forces involving disorderly conduct and breach of peace.  Previously served in the security forces of the Zhukov Consortium alongside Rapidfire (cf. Subject SC21).  Subject was later seen with hired gun Johnny Cinderheart (cf. Subject SC25), and was involved in the Hadar System insurrections.  Specializes in squad support weapons, and has remarkable tendency to arrive exactly when needed by teammates (possibly latent psi talent; investigation ongoing).






First Look:  There's not really much to say about this figure, as it lacks any particular stand-out characteristics (especially compared to some of the other figures in the Salvage Crew set).  That said, it's a solid figure for a generic female trooper, and doesn't have any real issues (though the eyes are slightly offset from one another, as I discovered during painting).

Painting:  The figure's random color generator results were red (1), yellow (3), and purple (6).

I decided to use purple on the hair (VGC Hexed Lichen, Warlord Purple, AP Purple Tone Ink) and go for a bit of a punk look.  I also used purple on the gun (VGC Royal Purple, Hexed Lichen, AP Purple Tone Ink) since the hair was such a limited surface area.  The pants and vest were painted red (VGC Scarlett Red, AP Strong Tone Ink), and the undershirt and boots were painted yellow (VGC Plague Brown, AP Soft Tone Ink).  The skin was painted a tanned shade (MSP HD Suntan Flesh, AP Soft Tone Ink).

Conclusion:  I like how the figure turned out, especially considering I didn't really have a strong concept for her (which is the reasons she's one of the last figures I completed).  I really like how the purple hair turned out, and I think it gives character to an otherwise very basic or straightforward figure.  Despite the colors selected, I don't think the final color scheme was too crazy; it's bright, but still somewhat muted.  Finally, I think the tanned skintone works well, and matches better than a paler tone would have.

Only two more Salvage Crew figures remain, and I'll be done with the Seventh Target on my 6MMRPC Hit List!

- M:M

No comments:

Post a Comment