Monday, September 21, 2015

Kings of War: Abyssal Dwarfs WIP

I didn't really get much painting done this past week, as it was spent running errands and prepping items for eBay (including some inherited miniatures that I will be selling).  Still, I wasn't completely idle and managed to get several figures prepped for my Abyssal Dwarf army in Kings of War.


The first unit is a Troop (10) of Abyssal Dwarf Blacksouls.  I thought about going for a more decorative base, but I wanted to see how the figures ranked up.  In addition, I imagine that dwarven infantry fights in a fairly compact formation (it seems properly dwarven, at least).  Due to their width, these figures do have to be adjusted a bit to account for the figure next to them.


The second unit is a Troop (10) of Abyssal Dwarf Immortal Guard.  These are the same figures as the Blacksouls, and essentially serve as upgraded "elite" infantry.  The description of the Immortal Guard says that their lives are extended magically, and eventually results in them being little more than animated suits of armor.  To reflect that, I selected the most enclosing helmet option for the figures and used it for the Immortal Guard.


The third unit is a Troop (3) of Lesser Obsidian Golems.  These are some nicely detailed figures and went together quite well.


The final and fourth unit is a Greater Obsidian Golem.  The picture doesn't portray just how big this figure is.  It very finely cast and is surprisingly light-weight.  However, the arms and head are challenging to attach sufficiently as they just sort of slot into an oversized socket joint.  I wound up pinning the head to keep it in place, and I'm not sure if I'll need to do the same for the arms.

Finally, I haven't forgotten my 6MMRPC Hit List!  I've finished three of my Edofleini, but I'm not yet ready to reveal them.  But as you can see in the picture below, the Edo are prepped and moving through my painting queue.  In addition to the two Underlings and Spawnling pictured below, I still have a Spawnguard and Guardling to complete.


- M:M

No comments:

Post a Comment