Saturday, September 5, 2015

Salvage Crew Saga: SC26 Monkeywrench

The final figure in the Salvage Crew set (and the last figure for the Seventh Target on my 6MMRPC Hit List) has been completed:  SC26, mechanic/salvager.

SC26 - Codename: Monkeywrench

Subject is a well-known "techie" in the underworld, performing a variety of mechanical and cybernetic repair and customization.  Subject is also a renowned salvager, having served with the .  Monkeywrench has known connections with Darkstar (cf. Subject SC23), Crosshair (cf. Subject SC36), and Bloodshot (cf. Subject SC34); estimated that other Subjects of Interest have contracted services from Monkeywrench as well.  Suspect was last seen heading to the outer fringes on a freelance salvage operation.







First Look:  I liked this figure when I first saw it, as it works as a great model for a PC techie or salvager, or a non-combatant NPC in those roles.  With some slight modification (to compensate for the cybernetic eye) it would work for a modern setting, as well.  I think this figure has a good amount of detail, and is an example of the higher end of the Salvage Crew range.

Painting:  The random color generator results were blue (5), green (4), and red (1).

I decided I wanted to keep the colors from getting too wild on this figure, so I went for a more muted palette than on some of the other Salvage Crew models.  I opted for a dark red shirt (VGC Scarlett Red, AP Strong Tone Ink) and light-medium blue pants (VGC Ultramarine Blue, AP Strong Tone Ink).  For the green component, I used an olive green (VGC Yellow Olive, AP Strong Tone Ink) on the power saw and fuel tank.  The gloves, boots, and pouch were painted a light-medium brown (VGC Parasite Brown, AP Strong Tone Ink).  Final elements were painted black (VGC Coal Black) and silver (VGC Gunmetal, AP Dark Tone Ink).

Conclusion:  I like how the figure turned out, and I think it's a fitting capstone for the Salvage Crew figures.  I haven't used a lot of matte colors like the olive green, so it was a nice change of pace.  The boots and gloves turned out a nice shade as well.

The Salvage Crew Saga draws to a close for now with the completion of my Seventh Target and the Salvage Crew figures proper.  However, the saga will resume once I reach my Eleventh Target, consisting of the bonus robots and drones that were unlocked during the Salvage Crew Kickstarter!


For now, it's back to Bones with the four remaining figures from the Pirates set!

- M:M

No comments:

Post a Comment