1. No purchasing of new miniatures, EXCEPT if you use a joker. You get three jokers to use on a figure purchase. Could be a blister pack, an eBay bundle, or a single figure... you can't splurge. The only exception to this rule is if you need bitz or A FIGURE (singular) to complete a unit/warband, etc.
1.1 - There is an opportunity to "earn" additional jokers. If you complete an entire project (whole unit/army/warband etc.) with pictures of starting, WIP, and completion, you earn yourself a joker.
2. Gifts do not count against you (holidays, birthdays, etc.). Also, if you're given gift cards by your hobby illiterate family or friends, you can without penalty use them on anything you want miniatures wise.
3. Paints, terrain (or materials), and other hobby supplies do not apply to the no purchasing rule.
4. At least one hobby-related blog post and/or Instagram update a week. If you Instagram, be sure to hashtag your pic with #6MMRPC.
5. Zombtober will be part of the 6 month challenge so, Zombie related stuff during October is ENCOURAGED. Other theme suggestions are welcomed.
6. Anyone that wants to submit a before and after picture of a miniature that they are proud of completing during the course of the challenge to email@example.com will be entered into the running for a gift certificate to a online wargaming store of their choice. Judging will be by an un-biased person. Amount on the gift certificate will be dictated by winners nationality but should work out to about $30 U.S. I (Spiderweb of History) will not be eligible to win.
Before we get to the actual hit list, I have a couple of notes pertaining to my participation:
- I do not use Instagram, so expect all updates on my blog (as usual!).
- I do not own an airbrush, so everything will be painted by brush (so no quick starts!).
- I will endeavor to stick with the spirit of the rules regarding new purchases! However, since some of my selections aren't "units" in the typical sense, I'll be using my best judgement on how many jokers I have available. That said, I expect them to be used primarily on Kickstarters (*cough*Bones III*cough*).
With all of that out of the way, on to Magnus Mercury's Hit List for the 2nd Annual 6MMRPC!
1) Kings of War - Abyssal Dwarf Slave Orc Troops (2) (11 figures)
I've been working on these Slave Orc units since I completed my Undead units, and I'd like to get them finished. As you can see, I've added a Reaper Bones orc and some other details to the mix.
2) Salvage Crew - Security Forces (5)
It's been a while since I progressed with the Salvage Crew Saga, and this is a great opportunity to complete the Security Force figures in one go.
3) Reaper Bones - Orcs (2) and Goblins (9)
The last remaining orcs and goblins from Reaper Bones I. I already have a paint scheme selected, now I just need to get them done.
4) Reaper Dark Heaven - Demon Marbrezuk (1)
This being a sole figure, I consider it reward for progress made to this point. I painted this figure many years ago, and for some reason I never finished it. It's time to get some closure!
5) Reaper Bones - Deathsleet or Ebonwrath
I haven't yet selected which of the two dragons I will be painting, as I'm still working on a suitable base (because until that's done, all I think is "go home dragon, you're drunk"). However, if I manage to complete everything in my list, the second of these two dragons will be a backup choice.
6) Relic Knights - Doctrine Novitiates (3)
Prepped and ready to go, but my Relic Knights figures got pushed aside. I think this will be a good change of pace and excuse to use some louder colors.
7) Salvage Crew - Freelancers (6)
These will be the last remaining Salvage Crew figures, and then I will have the entire batch complete. If I can get this far, then it's time to sprint to the end!
8) Reaper Bones - Pirates (4)
Why haven't I painted the Pirates set from Reaper Bones I yet? This is criminal, and needs to be corrected!
9) Counterblast - Edofleini Faction Core Set (8)
I love retro sci-fi, so the Counterblast KS was a no-brainer. Now it's time to settle in and get to work on some menacing alien squids.
10) Counterblast - Robots and Drones (7)
Counterblast has some awesome robots and drones, and this will be a good change of pace from all of the organic Edofleini figures.
11) Salvage Crew - Robots (9)
Bonus round! If I get this far, I'll tackle the bonus robot figures from the Salvage Crew KS. The variety of designs really presents a chance to go wild with some color schemes.
So there it is, my hit list for 6MMRPC. It seems ambitious, but I think the point of any painting challenge is to challenge oneself. In the unlikely event that I complete everything listed above, I have plenty more figures to fill in the gap! I look forward to tracking my progress over the coming weeks and months, and hopefully making good progress on the "mountain" of miniatures!