Sunday, June 14, 2015

6MMRPC Update: Second Hit WIP

My first target of 6MMRPC has fallen; the Abyssal Dwarf Slave Orcs are complete!  Now I've moved on to my second target:  the Security Forces from the Salvage Crew KS.

As you can see, the four officers are coming along.  I didn't have a fifth bottle/figure holder*, so the sergeant is waiting his turn.

I thought about how I wanted to paint these figures, as I didn't think the random color generator would work very well for them (or else I could end up with some truly garishly-colored security guards).  Ultimately, I decided to make them a squad of near-future/cyberpunk police.  I went with a bright and obvious "classic" police theme of white and blue, rather than the sketchy all-black, super-tactical nonsense that it seems many police departments have gone to in the current day (but I digress).  I wasn't sure how well the white armor would work out (especially the shading, since I don't have a premixed gray wash), but so far I'm really liking the results.

The added benefit is that I think these figures will work well as police in Counterblast, perhaps as GDF allies or even NPCs.  The Police Drone looks like it would go right alongside these figures!

Hopefully I'll have these figure finished up by tomorrow, and then I'll move on to the third target on my Hit List.

- M:M


* Actually, it turns out that I did have a fifth bottle.  I found it while digging for my ballast to finish the Slave Orc units, and have since added it to my workbench.

No comments:

Post a Comment