Saturday, June 20, 2015

6MMRPC Update: Third Hit WIP

This week I spent cleaning up the figures for the third target on my 6MMRPC Hit List:  77024 Goblins and 77045 Orc Hunters.


Apparently I've been spoiled by the Bones II figures I've painted lately, as these figures required noticeably more cleanup.  I completed the Goblins Archers and Spearmen (which will be detailed in their own post), so the third target has been reduced to the two Orc Hunters and three remaining Goblin Warriors.


I don't know if it was an accident or if I was subconsciously inspired by "right-proper Orkiness", but I ran across some old Gorkamorka scatter terrain and decided to toss it into the mix as a bonus target!  The large spike barrier had a bad habit of tipping forward, and the loose barrels were... well, loose (which makes them finicky during a game), so I decided to glue everything down to a plasticard base.


What's that?  Oh, that other big piece of "terrain"?  Well, it's actually a base (which some of you may recognize).  I realized I hadn't had a chance to really try out the Game Decor PaintWorks since I received the paints from the Kickstarter.  So, since this base is all stone, I decided it would make a good test subject.


I'm pleased with how easily the PaintWorks paint worked out,and I think the piece turned out nicely.  Additionally, the scatter terrain has been primed and is ready for basecoating.

No comments:

Post a Comment